Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

Default water butts: last question

"Stephen" wrote in message
Thanks for all your help with the water butts. Just to finish things
off:

I've followed the advice I have received here and rather than use a
diverter, I have connected the drain pipe to go into the butt. There
is even a template on the lid that says "cut here for pipe".

What happens when the butt is full? Won't you have to take the overflow back
into the drain, so I don't see the benefit. Ours takes water from half our
roof and was full after just 1 heavy downpour - 1/4 inch of rain on the
roof will fill a 200 litre water butt, so far more goes down the drain than
is kept!