Posted to uk.d-i-y
Keith W Keith W is offline

Default water butts: last question

"Stephen" wrote in message

snip

People have mentioned being able to dismantle it for cleaning out
every couple of years. I think I need to solvent weld the elbows onto
the down pipe otherwise they will fall off. I made the mistake of
spraying them with silicone spray so that I could insert them easily
and now they keep falling off! Should I leave one un-glued so that I
can pull it off for servicing?

snip

I have drilled a small hole in the side walls of the elbow connectors and
inserted a self tapping screw. They hold the pipe and bend together fine
and have been in for some years now without rusting too much. Stainless
steel would last longer but these are just plated and have done well with
plenty of life left. And of course I just unscrew them to dismantle.
--
Keith W
Sunbury on Thames