Posted to alt.home.repair
Gene Jackson Gene  Jackson is offline

Default NG Policies

(Snippage)

Not a big problem, I've just tried to use my Gmail address for NG
posts to prevent as much spam as I can. I've used the same work email
address for 9 years, and it would be next to impossible to change at
this point without losing customers, but I've been cautious with it to
the point that I only get 30 or 40 spam emails a day (which is only
about 1% of my total number of daily emails, so I think that's good).

FWIW, I used to use Forte FreeAgent, but now I don't frequent NGs very
often so it's easier to use Google Groups. I completely agree about
the interface (especially since I forgot that I was logged in to my
Adsense account when I posted), but without being a regular anywhere,
FreeAgent is too cumbersome.

While we're on the subject of policies, though, is the preferred
method of reply for this NG to top post, bottom post, or post within
the original?

I think most prefer bottom post, unless you are a Mormon (hang around for a
couple of weeks: you will see what I mean)
_I_ prefer if the post you are responding to is long, post within. But
that's just me. Oh, and use some white space to differentiate what you have
to say from what someone else has to say. Maybe that's just me too.

gene