Posted to sci.electronics.repair
George Jetson[_3_] George Jetson[_3_] is offline

Default Dell P922 monitor

wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 03:50:15 GMT, Chuck Norisez
wrote:

My Dell P922 monitor is too bright. Even at minimum brightness setting, it
still shows retrace lines. Otherwise works fine. Anyone know of a source
of
technicial info on this monitor? I think its made by Sony.

Thanks, Chuck

Yes, it's a Sony monitor. The screen adjustment is done via software.
This thread covers the options.
http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6770

PlainBill

I found these notes from some old posts, don't know who wrote them but they
worked for me:

having repaired over 500 Dell P1110

Most of the problems I have seen are for Excessively bright picture.

R459 is the best to Mod and Have found that 5.6M ohms to 7.5M ohms to be the

repair range depending on how bright the picture has become. The lower the

Value of R459 the darker the picture will become. I have noticed that when a

lower value is needed often the bightness adjustment will also shift the

picture color. Darker settings will shift to blue and brighter settings will

shift to red. I have not found a way to compensate or repair this problem.

also:

This is a common problem with these monitors and there are many posts about

it in this forum. The best solution is to change a resistor - R459 on the

tube base board to a lower value. It should be 10meg ohms but changing it to

a 6.8M ohm should bring the brightness level back to a normal level. Doing

the colour restore after changing the resistor should bring it back unless

the CRT is faulty.

--
They can have my command prompt when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.