Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Pond filter cover

Andy Dingley wrote:

On 4 Sep, 15:23, "Roger Mills" wrote:
At the end of my pond there is a small brick-built enclosure which
houses a filter and air pump. I need to make a new lid for it

I'd use Viroc Versapanel, which is some sort of cement-based MDF and
works great for fascia boards and the like. It takes paint (cement
tolerant paints) but lasts well without it. It's about as stong as MDF
- I wouldn't walk on it, but thick slabs of it would probably be OK.
Drills easily but doesn't take screwthreads.

Wickes have their own version, and there's Aquapanel too which costs
more but is available in small pieces.

[I'm back on the case, having been away for a few days]

Thanks for the suggestion. I've not come across Versapanel, but it sounds
like it might do the job. Are BMs such as Jewsons and TP likely to stock it?

I'm also considering making a small lean-to tool shed, because none of the
plastic affairs stocked by the 'sheds' is quite the right size/shape. If I
make a wooden frame, would Versapanel be a suitable material with which to
clad it?
--
Cheers,
Roger