Posted to sci.electronics.repair
isw isw is offline

Default Dell P922 monitor

In article ,
D Yuniskis wrote:

Chuck Norisez wrote:
My Dell P922 monitor is too bright. Even at minimum brightness setting, it
still shows retrace lines. Otherwise works fine. Anyone know of a source of
technicial info on this monitor? I think its made by Sony.

This is a common problem (with similar monitors as well).
IIRC, you can rebias this with a change to a resistor
(though that isn't the "right" solution)

Well, it puts the proper voltage on the screen grid of the CRT; I'm not
sure what's not "right" about that.

BTW, it's probably a good idea either to use high voltage resistors or
to make up the value you need out of two or three smaller (but equal
value) resistors in series; there's not much current there, but the
voltage across those resistors makes a longer arc path a good idea.

That said, this fix has restored at least three of these monitors to
useful life. I got 'em free because the brightness control didn't work
8^}.

Isaac