Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ted Ted is offline

Default Chuck recommendations

If you are having vibration problems I doubt that it is your Talon
Chuck causing it.

One thing to consider when buying an extra chuck is that not all of
the jaws fit all of the chucks. If you have a Talon and then buy a
Stronghold you will have to purchase all new jaw sets for the
Stronghold. That can get pretty expensive.

I think that the Talon is probably a good size chuck for your lathe.
The Shopsmith has a swing of of about 16 inches and a 3.5 inch chuck
will handle most anything you will be turning on that lathe.

If I were in your situation and needed another chuck I'd buy another
Talon.

Ted J
thelatentlog.com