Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Bring a gun and have some fun in LV

Wes wrote:
Don Foreman wrote:

I concluded that you're probably right: I probably don't need a CCW
or to carry a weapon. I always carry a blade but that hardly counts
at my age. Your note logically follows from what I've written in
reason? Holy moley, Ole!

This being so, carrying a pocket .380 now and then is obviously more
than sufficient if perhaps absurd for the likes of me. My petit
carry need not have the one-shot-drop potential of dropping a gorilla
like a sack of doorknobs to accomplish its mission of making spooky
old moi feel a bit safer on the trail.

A .380 looks as big as a nine when pointed at you.

You and I know it is small, to the perp, it looks fairly big.

If it is worth shooting once, empty it in one string.

I've thought about it and if it seems like I have the gun under control, then center of
mass and work up. No one knows until they are under the stress of a real life vs death
shooting situation if they can even hit center of mass.

I have needed a spare tire once in the last 28 or so years. I still carry one.

Wes

Old habit - when shooting people, shoot them three times.