Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Joe AutoDrill[_2_] is offline

Default Drilling big holes without harming yourself

"spaco" wrote in message
.. .
Ever wind yourself up in the electric drill when drilling a big (over
1/2") hole in metal? I sure did when I had to drill out some 5/8" holes
out to 3/4" in the underside of my broken tractor.

I wrote to HSM in 1996 and asked for ideas. I got a lot of feedback so
Here's a new page on my website that summarizes the responses I got:

http://www.spaco.org/Blacksmithing/Bighole/Bighole.htm

Some decent ideas, but not too many that would be useful for your actual
problem of opening up an existing 5/8" to 3/4"... If your existing was 3/8"
or something similar, the job is actually easier IMHO.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R