Witchy

Default Home Automation, control your household lights and appliances over the internet

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:38:56 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

I thought part of the raison d'etre of spammers was specifically to
collect valid email addresses to sell onto other spammers.....

cheers

witchy/binarydinosaurs

How d'you like your SPAM. You can 'ave Spam with chips. You can 'ave your
spam with spam, or you can 'ave it wiff even more chips. :-))

*resists monty python urge*

SPAM is normally defined as unsolicited advertising e-mail which is created
to gain the sender profits from selling wares or services for personal gain.
The law now states that such e-mail must only be sent to persons who have
asked for such mailings to be sent to there personal e-mail service for
their perusal.

That's why most software is packaged with the option to "Opt In" to the
makers offer of sending you information of other products which might be of
interest to.

I know, but that's like a raindrop in the ocean compared to the other
ways people harvest email addresses, the worst offenders being the
sites who insist you register to use their service using a valid email
address and e-card 'services', and sites that have a 'hey I found this
page interesting option so I want to send it to' feature.

"we promise we won't use your email address for anything other than a
login but we also promise to change our privacy policy overnight"

And you wouldn't believe how many machines I've worked on for people
that have GATOR installed....grrrr....'oh this option box popped up
asking if I wanted to install something so I said yes'

sassenfrassenrassenrickrastardly

--
cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs