Posted to alt.home.repair
TWayne TWayne is offline

Default NG Policies

"Jason Carlton" wrote in message

I'm relatively new to this NG (lurked in the past, of course), so
forgive my stupid question here. But is this NG moderated at all? I
don't see a lot of spam, which is rare for a NG, so I thought maybe it
was.

I messed up and made a few posts under my "other" Google account,
which has my active work email address attached. I'm hoping to contact
a mod and have him to correct those posts so that my unimportant Gmail
address will show, instead (and hopefully prevent too many spammers
from picking up the active address).

If there is a mod for this NG, how can I contact him/her?

TIA,

Jason

No. Usenet groups are not moderated for the most part. You're lucky if
you're not seeing spam; I do.
Your e-mail address is also now stored on Google and several other
places that crawl the newsgroups in order to provide lookup services for
posts on the groups. It has also been scraped from the newsgroup by
several spam bots who will have already added it to their spam lists.
So in general, it's too late; it's already in the hands of many around
the world.
On newsgroups, many people use phony email addresses that have been
set aside specifically for this purpose in order to avoid the spam.
is one, there are many others if you keep your eyes
open and look for them. Do NOT just make up a name: if it's not already
in use, it might be in use in the future so you could be screwing
someone before they even get started. The address above is even
actually pointed out in an RFC.

HTH,

Twayne`