Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT-ish: resistor value solver

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
At least one piece of Acorn hardware is known to have a bug that will
cause it to crash every ten years or so of continuous use, on average.

Can you give details out of interest?

However, that is insignificant compared with the software that would run
on it, or in fact its power supply and hard drives. Or indeed, its
estimated service life.

Loads and loads of mid '90s RPCs still in use. I've got two. HDs replaced
because of limited size - they didn't envisage how many pics etc we'd
store. But both the original Connors still work. One has a modified PC PS
because it was cheaper than buying the alternative larger Acorn one - but
the original didn't fail. They are built like tanks. ;-)

--
*When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.