Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Maglite battery removal

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 03:47:43 -0700, Man at B&Q wrote:

On Sep 9, 5:58Â*pm, Bill wrote:
Today's stupid question.

I found the Energiser batteries in my USA made Maglite 2-AA cell torch
had died and expanded. I got the bottom one out by a violent circular
arm swing followed by a short sharp shock, but the one up behind the
bulb won't budge.
The bulb assembly says "Don't Remove" on it,

Ignore that, but the inside of the torch will be knackered anyway.

Just buy a new torch, but don't pay for the brand.

There might be something in that, too. I like Maglites, at least the
bigger ones (I've got an incandescent one here that takes two D-cells and
an LED one which takes three*), and the cases certainly seem robust, but
my little two-AA one that I used to have went through bulbs at an
alarming rate.

* the light output on the incandescent is *way* better than the LED one,
despite the later having more batteries...

cheers

Jules