Colin

Default builders merchants v's sheds

My experience is that you need to phone to get a price before you enter the
Builders Merchant premises. You seem to get 20% off automatically, then you
can negotiate down from there. You could try and get them to match the B&Q
price?

Colin

"John" wrote in message
Is it me or have the prices in certains sheds for building materials

become
extremely competitive against the builders merchants?

As an example, I priced up some materials for a job (plasterboard, cls
timber for studding, plywood sheets etc). The whole lot came to approx

£192
at B&Q when an equivalent price from a local merchant was £258 (ok it did
include delivery but they are just round the corner).

Have merchants become more expensive or is there some hidden discount I`m
not tapping into ?!

John