Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur
Brian Morrison Brian Morrison is offline

Default Reichstag Fi 102 minutes that changed America

Yeti wrote:
Brian Morrison wrote:
Francis Burton wrote:
In article ,
Nomen Publicus wrote:
No plane crash has ever left as little wreckage as any of these four
crashes that day.
Ever seen the film of a test where a jet fighter was driven into a concrete
block at 600 MPH? Nothing bigger than 5in across remained at the end.
Was it this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlXHl_Suv8g

Can't look at that now, but it was an F-4 and was part of an
investigation into the risks of an aircraft crashing into a nuclear
power plant.

You've surely seen the train (Class 55 I think it was, or a 45?)
ploughing into the UK nuclear flask?

Class 37 or 40 I thought, and yes, I've seen it.

You seen the subsequent claims from greenpeace that it was all rigged,
and part of a conspiracy? What utter crap.... :P

They said that the critical flask valve was protected by how the flask
was positioned. Of course, that couldn't happen in a real accident could
it? It was an expensive demonstration of the fact that such a flask can
survive a massive impact. Equally you could create a similar
demonstration where the flask fails.

I read a report about how some fairly radioactive thing that had been in
a UK power station (I think) was driven around in a similar flask, but
somehow there was an open aperture through which X and gamma rays were
passing at a level that would have badly injured or killed anyone in the
beam for more than a second or two. By pure luck, the beam was passing
down into the road surface and no one was injured.

So far, we've been lucky.

--

Brian