Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default resawn floorboards (from old joists)

geraldthehamster wrote:
On Sep 9, 6:49 pm, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
Likely if anything to be the very best timber of its type.

I have 30 sq m of resawn pitch pine floorboards, sawn from beams, in
storage waiting to go into my master bedroom once the plaeterer has
finished. They came from an eBy seller in E. Yorks. The timber is in
excellent condition, with no noticeable defects. A couple of the
longer boards have rectangular holes towards the ends, where the cut
went across a mortise ;-)

The advantage of re-sawn boards is that you get good quality 100-year-
old well-seasoned timber, but newly cut and intact tongues and
grooves.

Regards
Richard

Pitch pine is a different ball game altogether. Twice the weight of
ordinary softwood and so resinous it hardly needs a finish. My Viccy
balusters and newel posts are made from it, and they look a treat.
However, the grain pattern is spectacular to say the least.