Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur
Halmyre Halmyre is offline

Default Reichstag Fi 102 minutes that changed America

On 9 Sep, 22:29, " wrote:
On 9 Sep, 22:10, "Steve Terry" wrote:

No steel framed building has EVER collapsed due to fire before 9/11, or
since. Yet we're expected to believe that at least THREE did that day.

No steel framed building fire has ever been fuelled by thousands of gallons
of aviation kerosene before.

I don't doubt that the impact and fires would have caused the collapse
of the towers but there is one bit that I have never understood.

I would have anticipated that the supports on one side of the building
would have failed, causing the tower to twist and fall sideways. Maybe
one side would collapse dragging the other side towards it. I would
never had anticipated that a building would pancake straight down into
it's own footprint, as all 3 did.

AIUI, most of the vertical load-bearing in the towers was through the
central core, so punching a big hole in the side or in one corner
isn't going to matter much.

--
Halmyre