BillR

Default builders merchants v's sheds

John wrote:
Is it me or have the prices in certains sheds for building materials
become extremely competitive against the builders merchants?

As an example, I priced up some materials for a job (plasterboard, cls
timber for studding, plywood sheets etc). The whole lot came to
approx £192 at B&Q when an equivalent price from a local merchant was
£258 (ok it did include delivery but they are just round the corner).

Have merchants become more expensive or is there some hidden discount
I`m not tapping into ?!

John

Certainly B&Q at the larger branches is trying to attract the building
trade.
Trade places like Jewsons will give discount but you usually have to ask for
it.
Maybe it helps if you go in scruffy buider type clothes and sound like you
know what you're talking about.