Posted to rec.woodworking
Luigi Zanasi Luigi Zanasi is offline

Default Metric

On Sep 9, 9:54*am, Chris Friesen wrote:

-the force due to gravity on earth of 1kg is very close to 10 newtons

Thank you Chris. For the first time in my life I have an intuitive
feel for what a friggin Newton is: it's 100 grams or the amount of dry
pasta needed for a regular plate or the amount of prosciutto I would
buy for lunch.

Yes I know the difference between mass and weight. But for most
practical purposes on the face of the earth, the difference doesn't
matter. And I knew that a Newton was one kilogram-metre per second
squared. & I could do some calculations with it, but I didn't know
what it was!

Thanks!

Luigi

Luigi