Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme Graeme is offline

Default Help setting up a wireless network (please!)

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 2009-09-07, Graeme wrote:

Yes, I know someone could access kiddie porn through my network,
but I have just about enough faith in the legal system to believe
that, if no such stuff is on my hard drive, it will be difficult to
prove that I'm guilty, and 'the authorities' may just believe that
I've been hacked.

I suspect it would not be an experience you'd want to go through,
even if found
innocent.

It is insufficient that its not on your hard drive.

Browsers store history..a list of where you have been. Its this that
has been used in evidence as much as actual downloaded material.

Yes, but if my wireless network had been hacked, the history would not
be on my PC - or am I missing something here?

I take the point, though, that it is not an experience anyone would
enjoy, even if innocent.
--
Graeme