Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Metric

On 9/9/2009 9:58 AM Steve Turner spake thus:

Luigi Zanasi wrote:

On Sep 8, 10:34 am, Luigi Zanasi wrote:

Actually, volume and weight is where the metric system really shines.
For linear distances, it doesn't really matter what you use: inches,
mm, cm, feet, cubits, whatever.

How could I forget RCHs???? That is the only relevant and important
measurement in wooddorking. The rest just has to fit, how long or wide
or deep doesn't need to be expressed in any kind of system.

My hat's off to the man who first discovered that a RCH could be used as a system of
measurement. I'd like to shake his hand (after he washes it first).

Please pardon my ignorance: what's an RCH? All Google gives is
"Recognised Clearing Houses" (using define:rch).