Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Tite Bond II...Hardware Store says it has the fewest complaints

dadiOH wrote:
Thomas G. Marshall wrote:
Does Tite Bond II have any track record with you guys? I was an
elmers wood glue guy, but am willing to try new things.

TB2 is a good, all purpose wood glue. Elmer's white softens easily

with
water, TB2 doesn't; it doesn't creep as much either.

Elmer's white glue is not Elmer's "Wood" glue. Elmer's Carpenter glue
is not white, it is yellow, same as TB. One of the major differences
from white glue and carpenters glue is creep. Elmer's yellow Carpenter
glue creeps less than white glue, just as TB does. Personally, I've
never had a problem with Elmer's Carpenters Glue, but would not hesitate
to buy Franklin's TB. If they were side by side, I'd buy the one with
the best price.

I don't particularly care what the salesman said about complaints, 35 or
so years personal experience with Elmer's Carpenters glue w/o a
complaint is enough for me. I have used TB and it was the same stuff,
far as I could tell.

--
Jack
Got Change: Red Commies ==== Green Commies!