Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Kelly[_3_] Kelly[_3_] is offline

Default I'm Selling STC-TAP-ER Tread Tapping Machine

On Jul 29, 12:27*pm, "Joe AutoDrill" wrote:
It's been sitting on my bench unused for a year or more so... *Time to clean
up!

We bought the thing to learn about competitor's products... *And learned all
we can about this one in 10 minutes... *Then we never used it so... *I have
a brand new, used for less than 30 seconds Somma Tool Company STC-TAP-ER
machine for sale... *Lists for $818.85.

Will sell for $425 including UPS Ground shipping to any USA address in the
48 states. *Actual shipping added if shipping anywhere else.

See the product he

http://www.somma.com/catalog/accesso...erSTCTAPER.asp

Click on the part number for the price listing on their site. *If you click
the BB-SR link, it'll show you a cheaper, lightweight version that they sell
for even more than I'm offering this one for.

HEAVY DUTY TAPERED CONE DRIVE
TAPS UP TO 5/16-18 THREAD IN 1/2" STEEL!!

FEATURES
. Push to tap in
. Pull to tap out
. Sliding face plate
. Work table can be reversed when not needed
. Adjustable "V" plate for small parts (removable)
. Easy to set stop for tap depth control
. Comfortable bench height working area
. Long lasting tapered cone drive
. Pilot light switch warns if motor left running

1/2" capacity chuck
*1/3 H.P., 115V, Single Phase
1725 RPM, A48 Frame Motor
Weight 27 lbs

The STC-TAP-ER has a double disc friction drive that reverses rotation
instantly by the application of forward or backward hand pressure on the
part being tapped. *The friction discs are driven by a Heavy Duty Tapered
Cone Drive Collar mounted on the motor shaft.

Call if interested or feel free to e-mail me. *First come, first served....

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244