Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
N Morrison N Morrison is offline

Default Industrial Electrician consult needed

On Sep 9, 4:50*am, trg-s338 wrote:
Can anyone refer me to an Industrial Electrician in the Santa Ana,
California area (Orange County) that can help me with the rewiring of
my Brown & Sharp vertical mill that is currently wired 480V three
phase to 240 V 3P? *The motors can be wired for either voltages but I
am not learned in the fine details of replacing the obsolete heaters
and contactors, ect.`I want to pay a reasonable fee for such expertise
because I don't have the knowledge. *I actually live in South County,
so there will be a slight commute involved. *Any referals would be
appreciated. *Thanks.

Manny

Why does a mill have heaters? If you mean the motor overloads, you
read the new values off the motor nameplates - if they are dual
voltage they will list both current settings. Be aware that on rare
occasions you may have to go a little above the stated rating, but
only an experienced sparky should do this.

Neil