Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default Maglite battery removal

Today's stupid question.

I found the Energiser batteries in my USA made Maglite 2-AA cell torch
had died and expanded. I got the bottom one out by a violent circular
arm swing followed by a short sharp shock, but the one up behind the
bulb won't budge.
The bulb assembly says "Don't Remove" on it, and I feel I must obey, so
I can't poke something through. Has anyone removed a bulb assembly in
one of these?

I've thought of poking an old-style gimlet down and trying to extract
with that, but it doesn't really have a grippy thread. What I think I
need is sort of a self-tapper with a long shaft. A quick gaze around the
shed hasn't given any inspiration. Can anyone suggest a suitable tool or
process?
--
Bill