Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Charles U Farley[_3_] Charles U Farley[_3_] is offline

Default Garage/shop wiring update

stryped wrote in news:89d610e5-8cc7-4b6b-b6e2-
:

I did not use the neutral bus bar for grounds. As I said, my box is
upside down because the instructions told me to do it that way if it
was beign bottom fed. My ground bus is on the left, my neutral is on
the right.

That's some F'd up panel design. Why make a panel with a insulated bus on
one side and make it suitable for grounds with a bonding screw then stick a
ground only strip beside it. Pull the screw out and what happens, it
floats? Hey it's isolated ground ready. Sometime I actually wish for that,
but not something that should be available at the average home center.

So if you were to enter a cable on that side and you for some reason chose
to have that mystery buss bonded to ground instead of jumped to neutral you
have to wrap the 'neutral' wires all the way around to the other side of
the panel to hit the neutral bar?

Every major brand in current production I have seen has a neutral bus on
each side. Who makes this thing anyway? I can't quite make out the name
on the breakers.

They say the CEC code is being harmonized with the NEC, hope crap like that
doesn't start showing up around here.