Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Garage/shop wiring update

On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 00:27:13 -0400, Gerald Miller
wrote:

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 03:31:33 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

stryped wrote:
As you know I am working on wiring a detached garage/shop. I am a
newbie. I have attached a link to my work thus far. I am having a
little trouble figuring out how to route everything. Any helpful
advice is appreciated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42254706@N03/

This is not a comment on the job in the photos, but is anybody else
terrified when they see romex and plastic boxes?

What scared me was when I replaced a light switch in my BiL's mobile
in Florida and found a type of wiring more suited to low grade signal
wiring; no box as such, just a plastic cover over the back of the
switch which was held in place in the hole in the paneling by bend
down metal tabs, with the wires punched down in slots like telephone
wiring. It did specify no more than two wires per slot. Imagine
something like this combined with Aluminium wiring!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Ive seen em before. And I suspect they burned down at least 2 mobile
homes that Im aware of.

Gunner

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474