Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_9_] SteveB[_9_] is offline

Default Homelite trimmer question

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
"Steve Barker" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
I have a Homelite trimmer. The little bulb is shot from age. I pulled
the carb, and cleaned, and replaced, and it runs fine if you keep
pumping the bulb. It has a small hole in it. Does one have to go buy
the whole kit to get the bulb?

Steve
no they are available separately. But they are not all the same size.
Take yours along with you.

Would Ace or HD have those, or go to a mower shop?

Steve

You might accidentally find one at a HW store, but i'd head to any shop
that sells chain saws or stringtrimmers.

Headed that way as we speak. I was amazed at how easy it was to
disassemble, and reassemble. Just washed stuff in gas. Fired right up, but
wouldn't run without pumping, and upon pumping, pumped gas out. It's a
cheap Homelite, but I think if you just run the right mix of gas, they will
work a long time. Then, if you can fix things, that helps, too.

Steve