Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Metric

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
comfortably change and use metric other that we don't want to change. The
rest of the world manages to build some rather complex and sophisticated
machines with it and I bet we could too.

Yeah, but you're talking about changing life long habits and that's not so
easy a thing to do. The only way to realistically do anything is to teach
the young how to use metric and let the old folks consign themselves to
history.

Not saying it can't be done, just that there may be more prudent things to
learn in the time the good old folks have left to them.