Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Yellow glue or ??? for Adirondack chair?

If you can really select anything on the planet then you couldn't do
better than System Three brand T-88 epoxy. This is what I use on my
Adirondack chairs in construction and I don't think you could find
anything better for a repair either... or you could show your love you
really care for her and buy a new chair from me ;^) www.sonomaproducts.com.
End of season sale!

On Sep 8, 4:49*pm, Prof Wonmug wrote:
On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 18:30:23 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

"Prof Wonmug" wrote in message
.. .
My wife has an Adirondack chair her son made for her. It's been
sitting in the back yard for years. I tried to get her to let me paint
it or at least seal it, but she wanted it to weather.

Well, not it's broken. A clumbsy relative fell on it and broke one of
the arms. It's a very clean break. I want to glue it back together for
whatever life it has left.

Is yellow glue as good as it gets for this or it there something
better? It's made of redwood.

Yellow glue will work for a while. *You would be better off with a clear
epoxy glue.

Any particular variety or brand? 1-minute? 5-minute? 1 ton? 5 ton? Is
there one that's better for wood.

I've worked with yellow glue for a long time and have a feel for how
to use it. I always seem to have a few problems with epoxy -- and I
seem to always get it all over myself. It's like those plastic peanuts
that literally fly out of the box and arrange themselves all over me.
Still, not as bad as crazy glue, which I am convinced is named for the
users, not the glue itself.- Hide quoted text -