Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Metric

FrozenNorth wrote:

..65 millimeters = 0.0255905512 inches, approx 1/40

You got a rule accurate to 2.5 one hundredths of an inch?

Lots of us use calipers that split that into 25 parts.

More importantly, can you use it?

I can, but generally only use the measuring tools to check the results -
my primary cutting tool is good to +/-0.001, all by itself.

Not doubting your skill, but that is getting ridiculously precise for
woodworking.

Not really. Imagine gluing up a table top with that much difference
between the heights of adjacent boards...

....or assembling a M&T joint when the tenon was 0.025" oversize and the
mortise was 0.025" undersize.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar