Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Was- Arboga mill converted to VFD - now Q about pot & switches forVFD

John Husvar wrote:

In article ,
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:
Buy good pots once, or crap every six months. I prefer quality over
quantity.

They are the only used pots worth salvaging from scrap industrial and
Military electronics.

I'm looking for a source of 5K pots that cover their whole range within
45 degrees of deflection either way from center. i.e. Set so each end to
the wiper is 2.5K and moving the wiper 45 degrees either way will bring
that side to zero. I didn't see anything like that on the URL cited.

Anybody have any ideas where I could buy small quantities?

Meanwhile, still Googling.

A standard pot is 270 degrees You could use a three to one gear
drive.