Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT-ish: resistor value solver

In article ,
pete wrote:
Have you Googled for one? 'resistor calculator prog' seems to give
plenty hits.

The one I use - on this Acorn - gives 82k and 5k6 in parallel at a
0.15% error. With just two in series the best it can achieve is 0.95%
(1k3 and 3k9)

Yes, there are lots of downloadable ones (that I presume do what I
want). However I'm looking for an online utility - one where I can go to
a web page that asks: what value do you want to find? what family of
values (E12, E24 ...) to use? how close do you want to be

Right - sort of misread the question.

--
*Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.