Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Velcro as strong as steel!

On Sep 8, 12:05*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Because it's MADE out of steel - with a holding force of 38 tons per sq
meter.

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/articl...o-not-sneakers

One proposed use is to hold cars together, which would make replacing a
damaged quarter-panel pretty easy.

D*mn! I wish I knew about this stuff yesterday.

My daughter went back to college with a little corner shelf I made so
she can put her clock radio on the wall above her bunk bed. Since she
can't put holes in the wall, I sent some self-stick velcro along and
she mounted it that way. This steel stuff would have been even better.

When we moved her in we had trouble finding a spot for her 13 in TV
where both she and her roomate could see it. I just sent her the pop-
sci link suggesting we could use the steel velcro to hang it from the
ceiling!