Posted to alt.home.repair
DT DT is offline

Default Anybody roll form fascia trim here ?

In article ,
says...
I have a twenty year old house I built with matching soffit, fascia and
guttering until about a year ago, when a tree limb knocked off and
destroyed a piece
of fascia trim. All efforts has proved fruitless including the original mfg.
Norandex. They still make the fascia just not in that color. I have located
coil stock in the correct color (gutter coil) and thickness .030 aluminum
but so far no one to roll it. There are a handful of people on the net that
say they roll fascia trim, but there machines a differnet pattern.
Norandex office told me they are a distibutor and can not roll it for me,
nor do they know anyone who can. (? ) And the local store says use a metal
brake. Yeah right.

You might try and find someone with a Brake Buddy. This is a hand former used
with a brake to roll form sheet metal, here is a link:

http://www.tapcotools.com/pages/acce...rake_buddy.php

Now, I do have a Brake Buddy and it produces great facias, here is the one I
use, which is a much wider rib:

http://home.wowway.com/~dthompson4389/house-gable.jpg

If you look at the page on the Brake Buddy you will see they offer a V groove
roller set, which I do not have. Contact Tapco and ask them how deep the ribs
are formed and see if it is OK for your application. Then the trick is to
find someone near you who uses one.

If you were near me (northern Ohio) and wanted to purchase the roller set, I
would be happy to form your facia.

--
Dennis