Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RCD tripping - why????

Recyclist wrote:
On 8 Sep, 12:17, Tim S wrote:
tony sayer coughed up some electrons that declared:

Andy
Thanks for everyone's help and advice. My RCD hasn't tripped since the
overhead line stopped sparking
Eh?, has the leccy board been called in to look at that?..

IIRC he did say the REC were on the way a couple of days back

The speed of response by Central Networks could not have been better!

Once when I spotted a fizzing insulator and reported it, they were over
the next day to fix.

I reported a water leak on IIRC Friday, they were over to inspect in 24
hours, and I noted yesterday an earth upheaval and no sign of a leak..

Thse things cost THEM money, and if left, even more money.

They are incented to fix..