Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default More city code violation crap

In article , Red Green wrote:
Oren wrote in
:

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 17:44:39 -0500, "Master Betty"
wrote:

You can tell city employees never went to college.

http://www.alligator.org/articles/20.../090904_bus.tx

Pools should have a sturdy locked fence around them.

Even with a 14' fence, a HS student climbed the fence and then up the
high-dive board.

It was a dark moon night when he did a swan dive at the deep end, into
an empty pool.

Even with dark moon night it's quite obvious if there's water in it or
not. I mean really, think about it.

Either the story is pure BS or the student was wacked out on something
to the extreme. And if the student was that wacked out, how could they
get over a 14' fence.

Back in my college days, I had a few evenings being both spectacularly
"whacked out" and "spectacularly physicaly able".

Sometimes in some people, beer and adrenaline can do that. Add some
effects of the glutamic acid (basically glutamate) in a yeast-rich beer, a
sensitivity to invigorating music, maybe a bit of bipolar tendencies from
maddening pressures such as engineering school or growing up gay in the
USA in the early 1980's (I had both) and/or whatever else - possibly manic
due to recently having fallen in love, or from anger related to recently
having dumped a lover.

I would expect there to be a few college students who can climb a 14
foot fence even when so intoxicated they have trouble walking a straight
line, and they tend to not be "turned back" even by injuries just short of
being worth an ER visit. In such a state, they may fairly easily see the
lack of water in the pool - *after getting airborne*.

Swim using the buddy system!

- Don Klipstein )