Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry S Larry S is offline

Default Anybody roll form fascia trim here ?

"Lyndell Thompson" wrote in message
m...
I have a twenty year old house I built with matching soffit, fascia and
guttering until about a year ago, when a tree limb knocked off and
destroyed a piece
of fascia trim. All efforts has proved fruitless including the original
mfg.
Norandex. They still make the fascia just not in that color. I have
located
coil stock in the correct color (gutter coil) and thickness .030 aluminum
but so far no one to roll it. There are a handful of people on the net
that
say they roll fascia trim, but there machines a differnet pattern.
Norandex office told me they are a distibutor and can not roll it for me,
nor do they know anyone who can. (? ) And the local store says use a
metal brake. Yeah
right. I can come close on a 6" test piece but 10'..... come on. I have a
comercial brake at work, but this is roll formed not brake formed. If
anyone
has an idea or lead let me know. Other than send you pics I don't have a
way
of showing you all the piece, but here are the specs and a sketch.

____/\____/\____/\____/\____
]

The ribs are way exagerated. They are perhaps the height of the thickness
of
a credit card. Measuring from the top of the fascia trim it is : 1/2"
1st rib, 2-1/2" to 2nd rib, 4-1/2" to 3rd rib. 6-1/2" to 4th rib, 8" to
90
degree bend, 1" to next 90 degree bend 3/16" turned up lip. The above
drawing is laying down rather than vertical.

Of course this piece is the first one you see coming up the driveway and
is
why I am trying to get a close match. Everyone says tear a piece off the
back of the house and put up front. It is not that simple due to
decorative
beams that protrude from the fascia and you guessed it ......are covered
in
the same color and have slight variations that keep me from moving the
trim
this way. Unless Norandex custom built their owm fascia roller someone
has
one of these somewhere. I have even seen this fascia at Home Depot and
Lowes
a few years back, same pattern and all just in white or brown. Lesson
learned: trim a house in white or brown, you will always be able to get
trim
for it. BTW the old Norandex color is Tan and the Klein aluminum color is
antique ivory.
Thanks for reading and all comments are welcome.
Lyndell

P.S. I only need about 20' feet of this but I will make it worth someones
while to set up and roll this for me if they have the roll former.
I know I can paint it as a last resort but I really would like it to
match and continue to match the rest of the house.

I'd go about it another way. Since you say you can get the same type, but
not in the same color. Buy the same type and paint it, just about everyone
does color matching now days.