Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Tite Bond II...Hardware Store says it has the fewest complaints

Leon wrote:
If you see a lable that says "WaterProof" would you expect more performance
out of it than simply "Water Resistant"
The lable is misleading as the glue is not "Water Proof".

Depends on what the meaning of "is" is, I guess...

I've been aware of the ANSI Standards for so long I guess I'm totally
desensitized to the question/concern you're try to raise.

As for the determination that it doesn't perform better, I don't see any
basis for the claim--they meet the standard they say they do and I've
certainly never had a failure of TB-III in it's stated environmental
usage to see there's anything whatever to complain about.