Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Bring a gun and have some fun in LV

Don Foreman wrote:

I'm not feeling dissed, Gunner. I understand that your contempt is
for the round as compared to more potent calibers. I don't even
disgree: a .45 is undeniably more gun than a .380. For me it's a
matter of reality vs theory. I realized a little while ago that my
reality was that I just never seemed to carry a .45, .40 or 9mmp, even
on the infrequent occasions when I possibly should have been carrying
something. I have them, but I don't carry them. So I carried nothing.
Most of the time I feel no need to carry but there have been times on
my walks where I've been a bit uneasy. The little .380 is very easy
to drop into a pocket (Fist holster) so I sometimes grab it on the way
out the door. A .45 it certainly isn't, but it's considerably more
than nothing. Sometimes I feel a bit silly carrying even a .380 among
nice friendly young folks that say "Hi" along the trails, but I
don't tell anyone I have a gun in my pocket.

I tend to be found with a .380 more often than any other caliber. Not a stellar round but
normally if things to get the point of firearms, your aggressor has picked you for easy
pickings, aka known as 'food'. The firearm changes the equation if it comes to that. Any
gun pointed at you looks pretty big. If only we could know how often a gun aimed causes
the bad guy to break off and run there wouldn't be any argument on the RKBA.

When things cool off, starline brass is a good place to go for bulk brass. I tend to be
brass happy. Buy a new gun, get 500+ cases. My M1, well maybe 3000 or so.

I have carried a spare tire for 181,000 miles in my current car, 235,500 in my previous
truck, never needed it and I paid the price to own the tire and the cost in gas mileage. I
don't feel silly. I always felt good that a flat would not be a major event in my life.
Much like some wackjob deciding I'm his prey. Peace of mind has a value.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller