Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Bring a gun and have some fun in LV

Don Foreman wrote:

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 07:27:18 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Armed revolution? Wow. Not saying you and Gunner are wrong but
yikes. No wonder I can't get primers.

That's probably only one of the reasons you can't find primers.
Another major drain is the war in the ME.

The war in the ME isn't a factor. There was no shortage before the
last election. Now people are hoarding and mfrs have cut back
production because they're worried about the current administration
imposing draconian restrictions on ammo and components. The shortage
is due to fear and uncertainty. The administration didn't have to do
anything at all to curtail availability of ammo and components.

I'm not so sure on the worry about restrictions, I think the worry is all the people
hoarding won't be buying ammo and components for years as they use up their hoard.

Perhaps the hoarders won't be a big issue, they, like I, will just consider their current
inventory as the floor for inventory going forwards.

I haven't bought large numbers of primers in years, the Clinton years. I just replace my
stock as I use it.

As far as the revolution, the politicians should keep their eye on the Military, every
member has given his or her's oath to defend this Country from all enemies, foreign or
domestic.

http://www.history.army.mil/faq/oaths.htm

There seems to be a history of military deposing corrupt goverments. Don't think it can't
happen here.

I'd like to think we won't roll over like Canada, the UK, and the Aussies. At least
during my lifetime.

Try to keep this thread civil.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller