Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.comp.blind-users
J. P. Gilliver (John) J. P. Gilliver (John) is offline

Default patronising digital advert

In message . com,
Andrew Hodgson writes:
[]
The person sitting opposite me at this moment is reading news with OE
(and Window-Eyes), and I do not think he is having any difficulty with
just moving the cursor down; however, I understand this may not be easy
for all cases. ..

.. To confirm, he still is having no problems. Windows XP, if that's
relevant; I can't tell you what version of OE or Window-Eyes. ..
[]
I have seen suggestion that speech software might indicate who is
saying what by using a different voice (or at least pitch). Does any
such software (that anyone here is using, anyway) actually do that?

Not here using JFW 10. The best it could probably do is either skip

.. Thanks for confirming. One for the JFW/WindowEyes/whatever designers
to look into, I think; the "" quoting method has been around a long
time, so it's about time they considered it. ..
[]
Have you experimented with Dominic Jain's OE-Quotefix? It certainly

[]
Yes, it does work with speech ok. Though when I tried it on another
system we still had the arrow problem in OE.

.. I've found it - or the Outlook version, anyway - still doesn't work
with HTML emails. ..
[]
I use interleave quoting here as well as on all other Usenet. It is
specifically the blindness related email lists which cause a problem.

[]
.. Ah, I hadn't spotted the email lists aspect of your post. I understand
now. ..
--
J. P. Gilliver