Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Steve is offline

Default Isolation valve positions for Combi to avoind heat damage

"Heliotrope Smith" wrote in message

"Steve" wrote in message
"Heliotrope Smith" wrote in message

"Steve" wrote in message
I'm upgrading the plumbing prior to having a Combi installed. I'm

going
put in a number of (full bore) isolation valves on both the DHW and

.
snip
.
Valves are usually compression fit so make the solder joint first then

fit
valve.
With drain cocks and the like then these are dismantled prior to
soldering.

Thanks. But my problem is I need to fit all the valves before the

engineer
installs the boiler. So any soldering he does will have to be with the
valves already in the system.

Then fit the valves BEFORE any branches/tees that you think may be made in
the future.

A plumber that knows what he is doing can solder the joints and connect to
compression fitting on completion.

It is a lost cause fitting isolators close to the boiler as there will
already be valves there.

You would most certainly have a stopcock on the incoming mains supply so
you
could valve off where the branch goes to the boiler which could be many
feet
from the boiler.

It is not usual to fit isolators to hot outlet as stopping the water in
must
stop the water out. However, if you feel the need you could fit isolators
the individual branches to the various hot outlets.

Thanks. That's useful.