Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison Phil Addison is offline

Default Illuminated switch to show that cloakroom light and fan is still on

On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 16:45:57 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Phil Addison wrote:
That only applies to (some) retro-fits and, even then, routing in a
neutral is not impossible. Why isn't such an indicator light-switch
available for new builds where the electrician would know in advance
that a neutral is required? Is it so unusual to have the switch on the
outside of the understairs loo?

Easy enough to make one using grid switch components.

We've done the 'making' bit, I'm on to the 'why don't they' bit now )

Plus the fact it
would have to be a posh new build to think of something so obvious and use
a mm more of wire than they can get away with. ;-)

LOL

Phil