Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison Phil Addison is offline

Default Illuminated switch to show that cloakroom light and fan is still on

On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 18:09:08 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Phil Addison wrote:
On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 19:49:18 +0100, Phil Addison
wrote:

In the end I opted for simplicity and used the Maplin panel mount red
neon (BK52) which cost 99p, and took the return to earth; it works fine.

Thanks for all the input and neat LED ideas, but its hard to beat the
neon for simplicity, cost, very low current draw, no visible flicker
(100Hz), all round visibility, and ready availability in panel mount.

... and today we realised it also provides a clear 'engaged' indication.
OK, the LED schemes would do that as well, but the PIR's would not.

If you had the PIR *and* your switch it would... the light would only
come on when both switches are "on".

That's true, and being sat there waving your arms around to keep the
light on you could dispense with the fan :O)