Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default Netiquette (was patronising digital advert)

Bob Martin wrote:
in 223906 20090906 131720 "J. P. Gilliver (John)" wrote:
In message , Ken

(I've just added "sig separator" to that.) Doesn't explain Mr. Jive's
choice of format though.
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G.5AL-IS-P--Ch++(p)Ar@T0H+Sh0!:`)DNAf
** http://www.soft255.demon.co.uk/G6JPG-PC/JPGminPC.htm for ludicrously

"We know that primitive man felt anger, as is evidenced by the deep kick marks
that archeologists have found in prehistoric vending machines." - Dave Barry

Your posts are a mess - I find it difficult to see what you are adding to the thread.
(I deliberately didn't snip in order to illustrate the problem)

Bob,

I don't know what newsreader you are using (I can't see it in the post)
but it should have cut John's post off at the line that contains
dash-dash-space. Most newsreaders also display anything below there in
grey, which helps distinguish the signature from the main body.

Though that probably doesn't help the blind!

Andy

--
This bit ought to be in grey, and automatically omitted if you hit reply