Mark

Default Any tools still made in the USA?

Unisaw A100 wrote:

sigh!

I mean, what's a body to do? Then it hit me like a bolt of
lightning. Specifically, my mantra, "Buy Used".

If I can avoid buying new I will.

I'll let some goofball pay retail and let them take the hit of decrease
of value by simple virtue of taking possession.

I look about the house and see a substantial amount is second hand.
Could I buy a new 250 watt RMS stereo for $25? Wife seems to think the
cabinet itself was worth the money. So what if I have to walk across the
room to turn it on.

Tools? Where would I begin? Three table saws and a 4" joiner for under
$300 total. One TS is a Craftsman, the rest are Rockwell's. Took a
little cleaning, even paying myself $20 an hour I made out like a
bandit. Dedicated Dado table? Is that a big thing? Funny , I was going
to set one up for this.

Another thing is, allot of this stuff can't be bought anymore. With the
TS/ Joiner I got a tendoner. Big solid rigid cast iron thing. Angle
can't be adjusted but that's why the saw blade tilts.

But there are things I won't buy used. My air compressor for instance. I
don't trust people to blow down their tanks. A ruptured tank is a bit
more excitement than I need. I have a Fluke 83, Damned if I'll trust my
life to a used meter. Have I bought used meters? Yes, but the Fluke is
the one I use when I have to know for sure.

(Wife's dropping hints about the time, Wife is now SWMBO).

Buy Used! Buy Often! Get more bang for the buck! Put the money in
someone's pocket who's going to buy new and take the hit!

--

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens,
A.K.A. Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the
suspense. (Gaz, r.moto)