Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Tite Bond II...Hardware Store says it has the fewest complaints

Leon wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message
dpb wrote:

Sorry, forgot to add that the primary difference between the two is that
TB-II passes the ANSI test for water resistance (note not water"proof")...

Note: The ANSI Water Proof test that TB3 passes has nothing to do with
being water proof, only water resistance. Kind misleading, huh?

Not in my view, no--see other longer response. They meet the Standards
stated; no more, no less.

From the TB site--

TB-III TB-II TB-I
Strength* 4,000 psi 3,750 psi 3,600 psi
Open Time 10 min. 5 min. 5 min.
Chalk Temp 47° F 55° F 50° F
Viscosity 4,200 cps. 3,200 cps 3,400 cps
Exterior Use Yes** Yes*** No

* Maple to maple (ASTM D-905)
** Passes ANSI/HPVA Type I water-resistance
*** Passes ANSI/HPVA Type II water-resistance