Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_5_] krw[_5_] is offline

Default Tite Bond II...Hardware Store says it has the fewest complaints

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 10:50:00 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote:

Thomas G. Marshall wrote:
Does Tite Bond II have any track record with you guys? I was an
elmers wood glue guy, but am willing to try new things. This TB II
stuff claims to be for exterior use as well (water resistance, etc.)

The hardware store says that of all the wood-specific glues, they sell
by far the most of the TB II. And of all the glues total, it's the
one with the least complaints (none), and the glue with the most
complaints is the elmer's wood.

Looking for experienced comments here. Having used everything to
repair chairs before (from plain vanilla elmer's white to PL-400 ----
don't ask) I'm always looking for a great glue. When clamped properly
the EWG was superb.

TB2 is a good, all purpose wood glue. Elmer's white softens easily with
water, TB2 doesn't; it doesn't creep as much either.

Along those lines... What, besides the markeering on the bottle, is
the difference between TB2 and TB3. Price, I know.