Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Impact wrench chuck

On Sep 7, 10:06*am, RoyJ wrote:
A guy a worked for had an electric impact gun fitted with a nifty drill
chuck: half inch capacity drill chuck and a 1/2" square drive. I'd
assemble trailers with the impact gun, have a suitable drill in the
chuck for the holes that didn't quite line up. Really nice to have the
gun switch to impact mode when it jammed up.

Anyone know where to get such a chuck these days? *(Horrible Freight has
a sale on the impact gun)

I suppose I could make an adapter by turning a suitable taper on a 1/2"
drive socket or extension but.............

If you can't find the chuck (which sounds very handy) and you don't
want to mess with turning the taper, you could get a JT to straight
shank adapter and a 1/2" drive socket that fits the shank closely -
then braze them together.